Our Secure Future and International Peace Institute co-hosted the launch of Mobilizing Men as Partners for Women, Peace and Security. Led by OSF Fellow Ambassador Don Steinberg, the Partners Initiative brings together individuals from the defense, diplomacy, development, civil society, and corporate spheres, all of whom are dedicated to advancing the Women, Peace and Security (WPS) agenda. The group aims to ally with, listen to, speak with (not for), and open doors for women’s groups and individuals working to advance gender equality within international peace and security efforts.
Speakers at the launch event included:
- Ana Maria Menéndez, Senior Adviser to the UN Secretary-General on Policy,
- Anwarul K. Chowdhury, former UN Undersecretary-General and High Representative
- Donald Steinberg, Executive Director of Mobilizing Men as Partners for Women, Peace and Security
- Fatima Kadhim Al-Bahadly, Director of the Al-Firdaws Society in Basra, Iraq
- Karin Landgren, Executive Director of Security Council Report
- Mirsad “Miki” Jacevic, Vice Chair of the Institute for Inclusive Security
- Sahana Dharmapuri, Director of Our Secure Future
- Sarah Taylor, Senior Fellow at the International Peace Institute
Watch the webcast of the panel on our project page, here.